Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Sioux City smart home
At the core of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a single cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in full command of your Sioux City home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it will help you and check out tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Sioux City do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you may even chat with someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and cellular capability for added reliability. It also offers total remote operability through the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the duties you can perform:
- Review current or recorded video from all linked cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Sioux City by implementing schedules or creating rules. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your entrances unlock if the fire alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will still be present in your house and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be gone, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The home screen will display a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. To illustrate, an open window will cue you to take action. Note that you may still arm the security system by following the above steps. You will then have to verify that you wish to bypass the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Sioux City
Even though various users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will probably want to add another user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote functionality, select phone or email and enter the info to dispatch an request.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, just proceed to the menu, press users, choose the user you would like to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Sioux City home security system. Contact (712) 600-3453 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.