What should you do when your Sioux City home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your residence – and your loved ones – against the multitude of risks you might encounter, like break-ins, flooding, and fire. Although your home may be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Sioux City home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is likely to be shocking, confusing, and may cause panic. Your best choice is to stay calm and adhere to these simple suggestions.
Steps to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Sioux City Goes Off
It’s a circumstance nobody wants to encounter, but it’s also why you put in a home alarm system in the first place. You’re roused in the wee hours of the morning with the telltale sounding of an alarm after a home security component has been triggered. What is your next move?
- Don’t panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is beating rapidly. But staying calm is the most effective way to assess what is happening. Avoid the impulse of trying to deal with the emergency alone and let your monitoring specialists and first responders carry out their job.
- Protect your loved ones. Your primary concern should be your family and moving them out of harm’s way. In the event of a intrusion, this might involve going to an appointed safe room as far away from access points as possible. Chances are your alarm may have deterred the trespasser, but it’s always wiser to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a blaze, you need to vacate your residence immediately.
- Grab your phone. In this day and age, the majority of people have their cell phones with them always, but you might forget to pick it up during an urgent situation. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the opportunity to stay in touch with your monitoring specialists and get updates through your home security app.
Work With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in Sioux City goes off, your 24/7 monitoring experts will instantly act. Their first step is to validate your alarm, and that means reaching out to you. The procedure they adhere to is based on the type of emergency. For example, if a medical emergency occurs, a single attempt will be made to reach you before first responders are deployed. In the event of a break-in - the most frequent kind of event - a monitoring agent will abide by these steps to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to reach you using the command hub. You will usually be required to supply a passcode.
- If that attempt is not successful, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- A secondary number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If you still can’t be reached, area law enforcement officers are sent.
- Your monitoring specialists will attempt to reach you again after the proper authorities are contacted.
If you're not in a situation where you can converse with monitoring staff, don’t fret. Support will still be dispatched even when you're not able to verify the emergency.
Be prepared for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Sioux City
Stay ready for any situation with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Sioux City from Vivint. Call (712) 600-3453 to start customizing your home’s security today.